Groups & Discounts
The More, The Merrier! Bring your group of 8 or more to Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati this season, and enjoy fantastic group rates for all performances. Our productions are perfect for student groups, senior groups, scout groups, company parties, or any other gathering of family, friends and business associates.
Why Organize a Group?
- Groups can save up to 25% on tickets
- Post-show talkbacks with artistic staff are also available upon request
- Group rates start at 8 or more
- Group rates are available for all mainstage performances
- Group rates and offers are subject to change
For more information or to book your group, please call our box office at 513.421.3555 and speak with a group sales representative.
Grade schools, middle schools, high schools, home schools, universities and colleges often bring classes and groups to enjoy a particular show for its relevance to their curriculum or current events. School group sales are available for any of our public performances.
If you have student group of 75 or more, ETC may be able to schedule a special performance to fit into your school day. Please allow at least four weeks' notice to discuss this option.
Please contact our Education Outreach Coordinator at 513.421.3555 for more information or to schedule your student group. Student Groups are subject to ETC's Group Sales policies.
Please visit our Education & Outreach page for links to study guides and other educational resources, or how to apply for subsidized Fairy Godmother school group performances.
Group Ordering & Policies
- In order to make a group reservation, please contact our Group Sales Manager at 513.421.3555 and provide the best estimate of the number of seats that will be needed, complete billing information, phone number and e-mail address.
- Group sales are available for purchase when all single tickets for the current season go on sale in August.
- We make every attempt to put group members as close together as possible when seating; however that is not always possible. We will never assign single seats without group leader approval and will review seating arrangements before billing. Remember: the earlier you make your reservation, the more seating options we can offer your group.
- Once your order has been confirmed, you will be sent an invoice/contract via email, unless another method is specified.
- All group sales inquiries will be returned within 24 hours, Monday through Thursday during regular business hours.
Group Sales Policies
- It is ETC's box office policy to not hold any unpaid reservations. ETC will not reserve group seating until we have received a signed contract and deposit.
- 50% of the balance is due at time of reservation. Seats will not be held without a deposit. Remaining balance is due by time of performance. Any outstanding balance payment must be brought to the theatre and presented to the Box Office prior to the performance. If more than one date has been selected for a specific group to attend multiple performances, any/all balances must be paid prior to the first performance date chosen, per the Group Sales contract. A $5 processing fee will be attributed to all group order sales.
- You have up until 7 days prior to the Group Contract performance date to decrease any numbers in your group without being charged. If you decrease numbers after this deadline, you will still be charged for original reservations per your contract.
- If your numbers fall beneath the group minimum (8), you no longer qualify for the GROUP RATE and will be required to pay the full price for each ticket. We will apply your deposit payment to this balance.
- You may add group tickets at any time. Additional tickets and seating are subject to availability at the time of reservation.
- You must pay your balance with one company check (we cannot except individual payments from group members). We also accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express,and Discover Card.
- There are no refunds on group tickets under any circumstances. In the event a performance is cancelled (i.e., for inclement weather), we will reschedule your group for another mutually agreeable performance.
- Please make sure your group members arrive with adequate time. We recommend telling your group to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to show time. We will not hold the start time of a performance for a tardy group or individual group members. Latecomers will be admitted at the discretion of our House Management, per box office policies.
In our commitment to providing affordable ticket options to all patrons, we offer a variety of discounted tickets for most performances to eligible patrons. All discounts are subject to seating and ticket availability and may not be combined with other offers.
Current ticket discounts include:
$15 Try Us Out Tickets: Introductory offer for Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana residents who have never purchased tickets to Ensemble Theatre. Limit two $15 tickets per qualifying household. Valid first week of performances only. Limited quantity available, while supplies last. Available in person or by phone. Fees apply.
Half-Price Rush Tickets: Two (2) hours prior to show time, all remaining adult tickets for the current day's performance(s) are available for half-price to anyone and may be purchased in person or by phone.
$10 College Night Tickets: $10 tickets for Sunday evening performances, in person only. Must show valid student I.D. Not valid for holiday production. Valid first and second Sunday evening performances in the show's run only.
$15 Student Rush Tickets: Radically discounted ticket, just for students. Two (2) hours prior to each show time, all remaining for the current day's performance(s) are available for $15 in person only. Limit 2 tickets per valid student I.D.
Pay-What-You-Can (PWYC) Preview Performances: Available for select main stage performances. For PWYC performances you may pay any dollar amount per seat. PWYC preview seating is general admission and is limited to the first 120 people who arrive to receive an admission pass. Passes will be handed out starting exactly one hour prior to curtain, no sooner (please do not arrive earlier than one hour prior to performance time). One admission pass per person present. Phone reservations are not accepted.
AAA Member Discount: 15% off full price tickets for Premiere Series Subscription performances when using the promo code AAA when purchasing in person or by phone only. AAA tickets will be held at the ticket office for pick-up with valid I.D. and AAA membership card. Not valid for preview performances, Fun Home, or The Frog Princess. Not valid final performance week. Limit 2 tickets per I.D.
Military Service Discount: 50% off regular full price adult tickets for any performance when purchasing by phone or in person. All discounted MILITARY tickets will be held at the ticket office for pick-up with valid military photo ID. Not valid for preview performances, Fun Home, or The Frog Princess. Not valid final performance week. Limit 2 tickets per I.D.
Educator Discount: 25% off regular full price adult tickets for any performance with coupon code EDUCATOR when purchasing by phone or in person. All discounted EDUCATOR tickets will be held at the ticket office for pick-up with valid educator photo ID. Not valid for preview performances, Fun Home, or The Frog Princess. Not valid final performance week. Limit 2 tickets per I.D.
Armed Forces Ticket Association: Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati is proud to partner with the Armed Forces Ticket Association (AFTA) to provide a limited number of complimentary tickets to select performances throughout the season for active or reserve military personnel and their families. Please visit AFTA's website for more details and how to request complimentary tickets.
ArtsWave ArtsPass Discount: 25% off regular full price adult tickets when purchasing by phone or in person. Tickets must be purchased by phone or in person. Valid first Thursday through second Thursday only of the show's schedule. Excludes opening nights, holiday show, and special performance events. Not valid for preview performances, Fun Home, or The Frog Princess. Limit 2 tickets total.