supporting cincinnati's premiere theatre
In 1986, Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati (ETC) was formed as a professional theatre dedicated to hiring local artists. Over the past 30 seasons, ETC earned a national reputation for producing world and regional premieres and building close relationships with celebrated playwrights including Edward Albee and Lee Blessing.
ETC has shown exceptional commitment to its Over-the-Rhine neighborhood, as well as to the talented artists it employs. Strong relationships have been critical to ETC's success, particularly with our donors and supporters.
For ETC, a sponsorship is more than a financial transaction or a tax deduction. It is an investment in the historic, eclectic neighborhood of Over-the-Rhine and it is a relationship with ETC, an artistic anchor in OTR, leading the charge to create a viable urban arts district in the flourishing Gateway Quarter.
By supporting ETC, our sponsors demonstrate a commitment to civic leadership and to making Cincinnati a vibrant, exciting place to live, work, and play, all while gaining access to unique opportunities for logo exposure, client entertainment, and employee engagement.
ETC's sponsorship opportunities range from $1,500 to $25,000. We can work with you to build a sponsorship that best meets your needs and interests. Some examples of sponsorship opportunities are below.
Types of Sponsorships:
- Premiere Sponsorships help underwrite regional premiere plays that appear each season on ETC's stage.
- Director Sponsorships assist ETC in ensuring each production has an exceptional director at the helm, whether it is our talented Producing Artistic Director D. Lynn Meyers, or guest directors including local favorites Michael Evan Haney and Ed Stern.
- Design Sponsorships support ETC's stunning set designs, atmospheric lighting design, compelling sound design, or the character-defining costume design of a production.
- Artist Sponsorships help ensure that Cincinnati is a regional arts destination with a vibrant and thriving creative class. Your Artist Sponsorship will support the hiring of one actor in an ETC production.
Apprentice Program Sponsorships
For 25 years, ETC has recruited, supported, and developed generations of actors, artists, and arts professionals. ETC offers young artists a unique experience to transition from their academic training into the professional theatre world. Our Apprentices take an active role in every ETC mainstage production through crew assignments and professional development opportunities. Your sponsorship supports the Apprentice understudy performances, their classes and professional development, salaries, and annual Apprentice Showcase performance during Cincinnati Fringe Festival.
Teen Scene Sponsorships
ETC's newest outreach initiative, Teen Scene, geared towards youth ages 13-19, is a heavily discounted subscription package that includes a post-show discussion with the cast and crew. Additionally, ETC offers scholarships to ensure teens of all socio-economic backgrounds have the opportunity to participate. By sponsoring the Teen Scene, your company will be providing the opportunity for an often-overlooked age group to partake in and experience this very unique program.
PLAY/Back Series Sponsorships
To deepen the engagement between our audiences and the themes in our productions, ETC's PLAY/Back Series offers a facilitated conversation following select performances to encourage constructive discourse among a diverse group of attendees. Sponsoring the PLAY/Back Series ensures the continuation of free discussions, which focus on engaging patrons with the socially compelling subject matters in our productions.
ETC sponsors receive unique promotional, experiential, and reputation-enhancing benefits that support your business goals, engage your employees, and build relationships with your clients.
Sponsorship benefits vary by package and may include:
- Branding opportunities in ETC materials such as the season brochure, production postcards, playbills, posters, curb signage, lobby marquee, and website
- Ticket offers for ETC performances to share with your employees or clientss
- Opportunities to engage with the actors and artists working at ETC
- Visibility to ETC audiences, a diverse, educated, affluent, and loyal base of nearly 30,000 annually
- Back stage experiences including tours and rehearsals
In addition, a prestigious association with Cincinnati's premiere theatre generates high-profile visibility for your company or organization in the burgeoning redevelopment of Over-the-Rhine, one of the nation's most intact urban historical districts
For more information or to have a sponsor recognition package designed for your business, please contact the Development Department at 513.421.3555.
Our goal is to create theatre that resonates with audiences; theatre that challenges, entertains, and engages. The following businesses and foundations are helping us to achieve this mission:
2016-2017 Season Presenting Sponsor:
The Otto M. Budig Family Foundation