Thank you for your interest in joining our vision of producing outstanding regional theatre and providing outreach opportunities to our community. Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting and fostering a diverse community of staff. Applicants from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati is a fully professional AEA/LORT (LOA) union theatre.
Company Description: Founded in 1986 and located in historic Over-the-Rhine, Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati (ETC) is the region's second largest professional Equity theatre, and is committed to producing a wide range of dramas, musicals, and comedies of the highest artistic calibre, as well as to providing education and outreach programs that focus on providing arts opportunities to economically disadvantaged children and audiences.
Mission: Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati is a professional theatre dedicated to producing world and regional premieres of works that often explore compelling social issues. We fulfill our mission through our stage productions and educational outreach programs that enlighten, enliven, enrich and inspire our audiences.
Current Job Openings
- General Responsibilities:
- Maintain all functions of the donor database
- Process all donations and thank you letters
- Project manage all components of special events
- Track and invoice all pledges and payments on pledges
- Prepare agenda for and attend Development Committee Meetings
- Maintain a grant application calendar for all grant requests and reports
- Research and prepare grant proposals and reports by predetermined deadlines
- Perform grant administration functions such as: budget amendments, program changes, evaluations, updating the DataArts Profile, etc.
- Maintain annual appeal calendar
- Prepare and oversee the creating, printing, and mailing of all solicitation materials
- Annual Fund:
- Maintain and update support materials, cases for support, and other solicitation materials
- Assist in the coordination of meetings with sponsors or major donors
- Communicate with sponsors regarding benefits, deadlines, and signed pledge forms
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. This position requires: excellent writing skills; strong computer skills; outstanding organization and communication skills including being comfortable dealing with the public and interacting with donors; attention to detail and accuracy; cooperative attitude and willingness to learn and assist others; ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage time in order to meet important deadlines; and ability to work autonomously and solve problems with minimal supervision. Knowledge of local arts community and passion for the arts is preferred. The ideal candidate will also have his or her own transportation.
Ensemble Theatre of Cincinnati hires actors under the LORT (League of Resident Theatres) contract with Actors' Equity Association, the union for professional actors and stage managers. The union determines the number of non-Equity actors in any production. Actors are hired on a show-by-show basis during the season, although we accept headshots and resumes all year for consideration. We encourage actors of all backgrounds to audition. Most of the casting for Ensemble Theatre of Cincinnati productions is done locally, although some out-of-town actors are hired for almost every ETC production.
MEALS 4 MONOLOGUES
AUDITIONS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
DO NOT EMAIL HEADSHOTS OR RÉSUMÉS
With the holiday season upon us, Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati hosts its 6th annual Meals 4 Monologues open audition. Actors from throughout the Midwest are invited, on behalf of the Casting Society of America (CSA), for an open general audition call to perform for D. Lynn Meyers, C.S.A. in exchange for AT LEAST THREE non-perishable food items to benefit Cincinnati's Freestore Foodbank.
The event, which is part of a nationwide Casting Society of America effort to support local food banks while auditioning local talent, will be held at Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati (1127 Vine Street, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202) on dates TBA. This is a casting call to all Equity union and non-union actors for future theatre, film, TV, and/or commercial projects cast by D. Lynn Meyers, CSA.
Actors must bring:
• A current HEADSHOT and RÉSUMÉ to the audition
• AT LEAST 3 non-perishable food (pasta, canned goods, etc...) or toiletry items (soap, toothpaste, etc...)
• A short, prepared monologue and song (must be performed a cappella) or two prepared monologues.
If you would like to submit your headshot and résumé for our attention, please send them to:
Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati
1127 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202